Summary of Contents
- 1 Why buy best 18650 flashlight Batteries?
- 2 Why are quality 18650 batteries so good?
- 3 Fenix FX-PD35TAC review : Simply the best 18650 flashlight review
- 4 Other features FX-PD35TAC flashlight that we dig
Flashlights are the must-have tools that everyone should carry. There are so many categories and types of flashlights that making the right choice can become really difficult. Although many people prefer to categorize the flashlights into various categories based on their sizes, utility, light source, etc., the one criteria that really makes the most sense to me is the power source.
Why buy best 18650 flashlight Batteries?
When you buy a tactical flashlight, the two most important things that you always consider, whether you are an expert or a novice- power and battery life. Well, the one thing that controls both is the power source. There are many flashlights that use many different kinds of batteries. They can be disposable or rechargeable, differ in size or even types. However, when it comes to batteries for flashlights, my favorite are the 18650 batteries. In this review, we will take a look at why this is such a great battery for a tactical flashlight and we will see my pick for the best 18650 flashlights that really makes the full use of this powerful battery.
Our Recommend Top 3 Best 18650 Battery(Only battery)
- Bundle: Nitecore D2 18650 Li-ion Batteries(Editorial Choice) Read Review on Amazon
- 4 LG HE2 18650 2500mAh 35A 3.7v Rechargeable Top Batteries Read Review Amazon
- 4 Samsung INR 18650 2500mAh 3.7v Rechargeable Flat Batteries Read Review Amazon
Why are quality 18650 batteries so good?
Well, the most important thing that a battery does in a flashlight is to provide an uninterrupted power. The 18650 batteries are real champs in that department. A single 18650 battery packs in the power of three normal disposable batteries. So, yeah, it is powerful. Another thing to be noted is that these are rechargeable batteries that you can charge on the go. I mean, sure, you can have a flashlight that uses disposable batteries, but changing them every so often can be a hassle. Not to mention the added cost. With the 18650 rechargeable batteries, you eliminate both these concerns.
Best 18650 flashlight review – Fenix pd32 and pd35 tac video review
Secondly, the 18650 batteries are powered by the Li-ion architecture. They can be recharged up to 1000 times without compromising the capacity. This is a great added bonus when it comes to a battery for a flashlight.
Now, that you see the benefits of these batteries in a flashlight, it’s time to check out my personal favorite, best 18650 flashlights.
If you happen to read my reviews, it should not come as a surprise that I just love my Fenix flashlights. They are built to last and the best bang for your buck. The FX-PD35TAC does not fall behind either. This is one of those flashlights that you will be proud to possess. This is my go-to flashlight on my camping trips as it is one of the most reliable flashlights that I have seen so far. This is hands down one of my personal favorites. Let’s look into some of the features of this awesome flashlight.
When it comes to a tactical flashlight, power is the name of the game. I mean you want a flashlight that can meet your every illumination need that there is and yet last for long. The FX-PD35TAC is one such flashlight that makes it all possible. The flashlight is driven by Cree XP-L (V5) Led. These LEDs are designed to last really long. I mean their lifetime is more than 50000 hours.
This flashlight can put out an impressive illumination at an astounding 1000 lumens. This is enough light to make a half football field light up. You got to see this light to believe it. I mean it is so bright that you can throw the beam to a distance of 200+ meters. That’s almost 0.13 mile!
Awesome optics flashlight
Another thing that I love about this flashlight is the fact that the optics are brilliant. The beam is thrown at an angle that makes it ideal for a spotlight function as well as a peripheral illumination function. You can take this flashlight and walk on the streets or go search something in the woods, it works perfectly well in both those scenarios.
Multiple versatile modes of operations
The flashlight is as versatile as it is powerful. I mean it is capable of fulfilling any illumination needs that you may have. It has six levels of illumination from a low level useful for illuminating a path to a full blown turbo mode putting out 1000 lumens of light.
Great batteries 18650
Another thing to love about this flashlight is the batteries. It operates only one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion batteries. This battery is of great quality that can be recharged up to 1000 times. Another great feature of this flashlight is that it can operate on two 3v CR123A batteries as well. So, if you ever find yourself short of the 18650 batteries, you can quickly replace them with the CR123A batteries.
- It is really light in weight, considering the amount of power it packs in. Weighing in at just 575 grams, it is lighter than many of your tablet computers.
- The output of this flashlight is digitally regulated so that you will not have to worry about fading and inconsistent light intensities.
- The premium hand anodized, grade III aluminum body gives a stylish look as well as a great durability.
- The lens of the flashlight has a great anti-reflective coating and is made from a special toughened glass that is practically impossible to break!
Cons of FX-PD35TAC 18650 flashlight
Well, no matter how great a product is, it is not perfect. And the FX-PD35TAC fits the bill. Although I love almost every aspect of the flashlight, the only thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that the flashlight is little expensive. If you want to grab other non brand flashlight then you may get that at less price. Although it is well worth the money, if you are on a budget, it may come off as a bit of an expensive buy.
Our Recommend Other Top 3 Best 18650 Flashlight with Battery
- SOLARAY PRO ZX-2 Professional Flashlight Kit – Our Best and Brightest LED Tactical rechargeable Flashlight, max 1200 Lumens, 5 Modes, Zoom Lens with Zoomable Focus, Water Resistant (Price alert – LOW) (Editorial Choice) Read Review on Amazon Best 18650 flashlight
- Fenix Flashlights TK75 2900-Lumen (Price alert – High) Read Review on Amazon (Best 18650 flashlight under 200)
- ThruNite TN12 EDC LED Flashlight Read Review on Amazon
- Rechargeable LED Flashlight with 18650 Rechargeable Battery Read Review Amazon
I love 18650 flashlights a lot for the reasons that I have made clear. If you are looking for a flashlight that is powerful and versatile, 18650 flashlights are the way to go. Within this category, I would strongly recommend the FX-PD35TAC just because it is simply the best in terms of power, versatility, and durability. This is a great flashlight no matter what your illumination needs, this is perfect for you. I understand that it is a bit expensive, but trust me, this is going to be the last flashlight that you buy. You will not have to buy any other flashlight at all! So, what are you waiting for, get this ultra powerful flashlight and start illuminating the world!