Summary of Contents
- 1 Basic difference between AA and AAA
- 2 Why a AA powered flashlight?
- 3 What to look for before buying best AA flashlight?
- 4 Top 10 best aa tactical brightest flashlight
- 5 1. Fenix LD41 XM-L2 U2 680 Lumen LED Tactical Flashlight with Four rechargeable AA batteries, Charger & Four EdisonBright AA Alkaline batteries
- 6 2. ThruNite Archer Series 1A 2A V3 CREE XP-L Waterproof Tactical LED Flashlight
- 7 3. SOG Specialty Knives & Tools DE-03 Dark Energy Aluminum LED Flashlight with Belt Clip and AA Battery Included, 120-Lumens
- 8 4. Sunwayman D40A Cree XM-L2 980 Lumens LED compact AA Flashlight/searchlight with 4 X EdisonBright AA Alkaline batteries
- 9 5. SureFire E2L AA Outdoorsman Dual Output LED Flashlight
- 10 6. Fenix TK41 U2 Upgraded Max 900 Lumens Flashlight
- 11 7. foursevens flashlight review – Best mini M2A flashlight
- 12 8. TerraLUX TLF-3002AA-SV LightStar300TM LED Tactical Flashlight – Silver
- 13 9. Streamlight 88033 ProTac Tactical Flashlight 2AA with White LED Includes 2 “AA” Alkaline Batteries and Holster, Black
- 14 10. Nitecore TM06 3800 Lumen CREE LED super compact Flashlight/Searchlight, Nitecore i4 smart charger, 4 X Nitecore NL183 18650 Li-ion batteries, Smith & Wesson Pathmarker LED flashlight, with 4 x EdisonBright AA Alkaline batteries bundle
Compact flashlights are great for very-day-carry. These lights are not clunky and easily slip into your pocket. Most of the compact flashlights run on AA or AAA batteries. These disposable batteries are great for flash lights as they are small and easily available for quick replacing.
Our Recommend Top 3 Best AA Flashlight with batteries Under 50(cheap)
- Streamlight 88033 ProTac with best AA batteries(Editorial Choice) Read Review Amazon
- Maglite Mini 2-Cell Best AA Flashlight in Presentation Box Read Review on Amazon
- ThruNite TN4A LED Flashlight 4 Best AA Flashlight batteries Read Review on Amazon
Our Recommend Top 3 Best AA Rechargeable batteries Under 25(Only Battery)
- Panasonic AA 2100 Cycle Rechargeable Batteries(Editorial Choice) Read Review Amazon
- AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries Read Review on Amazon
- EBL AAA 1100mAh Rechargeable Batteries with Battery Charger Read Review on Amazon
Our Recommend Top 3 Best AA Alkaline batteries Under 25(Only Battery)
- AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries(Editorial Choice) Read Review Amazon
- Duracell MN1500 Duralock Copper Top Alkaline AA Batteries Read Review on Amazon
- Maxell 723443 Alkaline Battery AA Cell Read Review on Amazon
Basic difference between AA and AAA
Although both AA and AAA batteries are identical in terms of the voltage they supply, there is difference in the manner these batteries deliver this voltage. The wider and bigger AA battery delivers a more powerful current compared to the much slimmer AAA battery. Also, as the AA batteries are bigger than the AAA ones, they hold larger amount of electric energy as well.
As a result, compact electronics such as flashlights can use either a AA or a AAA battery. The AA battery powered flashlight is much more powerful than that powered by the AAA battery. Also, as the AA battery is not that big itself, these flashlights can retain a small form factor. In this article we are going to look at some of the best AA battery operated flashlights available on the market.
Why a AA powered flashlight?
A AA battery is ideal for a compact EDC flashlight for many reasons. Firstly, the small form factor of the battery makes the device more portable. Secondly, the AA battery is not very weak either. Although it is smaller than the other batteries, it still can pack in enough power to work an LED based flashlight with no problems.
What to look for before buying best AA flashlight?
Generally speaking, the AA powered flashlights are compact and slim. However, depending on the technology used, these flashlights can be either excellent or really marginal in performance. Let’s take a look at some of the key features that are important while choosing the correct AA flashlight.
1. AA Power
Of course, the most important issue is Power. You want a flashlight that can deliver the most amount of light on AA batteries. The technology and circuitry involved will make a huge difference.
2. Construction material
You want a flashlight that is solid and can resist impact. The ideal material is anodized aluminum. Although, it is light, high grade aluminum can be very strong.
3. Design components of AA battery
Depending on how you are going to use the flashlight, the design is very important. If you are going to carry this flashlight every day on you, look for a design that is pocket friendly. If you plan to slip it inside your purse, look for a design feature that will not take up a lot of space.
4. AA Flashlight Price
Price is of course very important. You don’t want to overpay for a product that is sub par. Although quality does come at a price, you don’t have to break your bank account over a flashlight.
Top 10 best aa tactical brightest flashlight
There are so many AA flashlights available on the market that landing on the perfect one can be really tricky. We have compiled a list of the best AA flashlights that you can buy today. You can be sure that all these flashlights are quality products that are great in their own respect. You can’t really go wrong in picking any one of these bad boys. SO, let the listing begin!
1. Fenix LD41 XM-L2 U2 680 Lumen LED Tactical Flashlight with Four rechargeable AA batteries, Charger & Four EdisonBright AA Alkaline batteries
The Xenic LD1 is a great flashlight that uses AA batteries and yet can be classifies as a true tactical flashlight. It has all the features of a tactical flashlight in a form factor of a AA flashlight. The flashlight works on 4-AA batteries that are rechargeable. If need be, you can operate it using four simple alkaline AA batteries as well.
I love the tactical aspects of the flashlight a lot. It’s not common to see a tactical flashlight running on AA batteries. The flashlight is equipped with four brightness modes. The CERR XM LED technology blasts out an impressive beam, peaking at 680 lumens at the turbo setting. The flashlight has a very unique design with a flattened body hat makes it very easy to grip.
The tactical switch is worth a special mention. The tactical switch is present on the tail cap. You can choose between different modes by twisting the tail cap or pushing the button for a momentary on function.
2. ThruNite Archer Series 1A 2A V3 CREE XP-L Waterproof Tactical LED Flashlight
The next entry on our list is the ThruNite Archer series flashlight. This is a very slim flashlight that is ideal for carrying around every day in your pocket. Although, don’t get fooled by the compact size of this flashlight. It has some serious power packed in. With the CREE XP–L V6 LED technology at the helm, this flashlight can easily blast out 500 lumens of light with ease (2AA batteries).
One thing that I absolutely love about this flashlight is the fact that it has a tunable focused beam. The beam reaches a distance of 108 yards. This is very respectable, considering the fact that the flashlight operates on only 2-AA batteries. But, 1 AA batteries beam distance is 66 yards.
The light also features three brightness settings to cover any illumination needs. The solid aluminum built is strong and sturdy that can withstand light falls. Another interesting thing is that the flashlight comes with a free Pocket clip, two Spare O ring, 1 Lanyard, talk about a win-win situation!
3. SOG Specialty Knives & Tools DE-03 Dark Energy Aluminum LED Flashlight with Belt Clip and AA Battery Included, 120-Lumens
One of the smallest flashlights in its class, the Dark Energy flashlight is an excellent multipurpose flashlight. The light operates on a single AA battery and weighs a mere 2.89 ounces. I also like how SOG have successfully integrated a tactical tail switch in the model as well.
- The light can put out an impressive 120 lumens of light with no problem.
- It also boasts an impressive run time of 75 minutes at the maximum setting.
- The four operation modes cover a widest possible range of illumination meeting any need imaginable.
- I love the compact form factor of the light. The design with an anodized finish is just awesome.
- It is also water resistant and can be operated in pretty heavy rain with no issues.
The product comes with a limited lifetime warranty as well. This is one flashlight that you will not regret buying at all.
4. Sunwayman D40A Cree XM-L2 980 Lumens LED compact AA Flashlight/searchlight with 4 X EdisonBright AA Alkaline batteries
Coming in at number 7 is a mini light from Sunwayman. This is not your regular compact flashlight. It is designed to use 4-AA batteries and is marketed as a spotlight in your pocket! If you are looking for power, this light is for you. With an impressive output of 980 Lumens of light, this flashlight is certainly the brightest light on this list.
The light uses a CREE LED technology that is virtually indestructible. It comes with 4-rechargeable AA batteries, although it can also be run on 4-regular alkaline AA batteries as well. It is one of the most versatile flashlights out there with four modes of operation:
Turbo: 980 Lumens
High: 550 Lumens (Lifetime of 1.7hrs) Mid: 220 Lumens (Lifetime of 4hrs ) Low: 30 Lumens (Lifetime of 31hrs)
This flashlight also features an optimized deep reflector for a greater range of beam. The beam length is almost 300 meters with a mixed beam pattern for peripheral as well as focused mode.
5. SureFire E2L AA Outdoorsman Dual Output LED Flashlight
SureFire has a reputation of putting some very good flashlights. They have a very simple approach to the overall design and have a robust performance. The E2L is an example of the vision of the company. It is a no-nonsense flashlight with a minimalistic design.
Operating on 2-AA batteries, the E2L has a dual mode of operation. At its brightest mode, it can throw a light of 120 lumens while at the economic setting, the output is about 5-lumens. As with most of the SureFire units, the product has a total Internal Reflectance lens for a greater clarity of the light beam.
The body is made from aerospace grade aluminum for greater durability and strength. I like the elegant finish and the Mil-Spec hand anodized look a lot.
6. Fenix TK41 U2 Upgraded Max 900 Lumens Flashlight
Fenix is one of my favorite brand of flashlights. They offer quality products consistently. The upgraded TK41 U2 is an absolute delight. This compact flashlight uses standard AA batteries to power a state-of-the art LED emitter.
- The flashlight uses 8 batteries to produce an astounding amount of light.
- At the maximum intensity, the light is 900 lumens bright.
- This is a great feat considering the small form factor of the flashlight itself.
- The flashlight also as multiple modes of operation form a super bright turbo mode to an economy mode.
- The battery life of this flashlight is also something to be considered. AT the lowest power settings, the flashlight can run for almost 240 hours.
I especially like the construction material choice in this light. The hand anodized aluminum finish not only looks great; it is super-strong as well.
7. foursevens flashlight review – Best mini M2A flashlight
This next flashlight form FourSevens is a slim and sleek EDC flashlight that operates on two AA batteries.
The light is a very powerful flashlight putting out an impressive 216 lumens of bright light. It is ideal for a peripheral illumination as well as for a long distance beam illumination. The flashlight has a CREE XP-G technology at its core that is capable of pumping such impressive lumens even with just two AA batteries.
The flashlight is truly built to last. The aerospace aluminum construction can withstand falls very nicely. The lens that is present in this flashlight is worth a special mention. It is an optical grade lens with anti-reflective coating on both the sides.
The light has seven output modes o cover a very broad range of illumination requirements. The textured grip makes sure that the flashlight will never slip away from you hand. The metal ‘S’ clip is also great for attaching it to your pocket.
8. TerraLUX TLF-3002AA-SV LightStar300TM LED Tactical Flashlight – Silver
The terra lux has to be the best looking flashlight on this list. It takes a different approach to design. The silver body with black accents is a great color combination. It is designed for people who are looking for especially brighter beams.
This flashlight is ideal for illuminating a wide area. With its diffusion technology, it can provide a really bright light to illuminate your whole neighborhood. I like the fact that the flashlight can be used as camp light as well as a reading light.
One more quality that I like about the flashlight is its light weight. Although it is powered by two AA batteries, it is one of the lightest flashlights that I have reviewed. The water resistance is also very good. I was able to use this flashlight in pouring rain with no problem at all.
9. Streamlight 88033 ProTac Tactical Flashlight 2AA with White LED Includes 2 “AA” Alkaline Batteries and Holster, Black
Another entry from the Streamlight camp, the 88033 is a great compact flashlight that packs in all the goodies of a tactical flashlight. This flashlight uses 2-AA batteries and has a C4 LED technology at its heart.
The design of the flashlight is awesome. It is made form high grade aluminum that is hand anodized for that rich look. Weighing in at 3.4 ounces, with the batteries, it is very light weight. I was able to carry this flashlight in my pant pocket without even realizing it there. The flashlight features multiple operation modes for greater flexibility.
The highest mode operating at 155 lumens, has a run time of an impressive 2-hours whereas the eco mode has a run time of 36 hours. The unique multiple beam pattern is great as well. It can illuminate an area of 11 meters at he highest setting.
10. Nitecore TM06 3800 Lumen CREE LED super compact Flashlight/Searchlight, Nitecore i4 smart charger, 4 X Nitecore NL183 18650 Li-ion batteries, Smith & Wesson Pathmarker LED flashlight, with 4 x EdisonBright AA Alkaline batteries bundle
The final entry on our list is the massive Nits TM. This is a super compact flashlight that is marketed as the world’s smallest 3800 lumen flashlight. The flashlight is equipped with four EdisonBright AA batteries.
The flashlight features an innovative two stage side switch to access different modes that is very conveniently situated. The light also has a power indicator that displays the battery voltage accurate to 0.1 V. Another thing that I like about the flashlight is that it comes with Precision optical technology for a brighter and whiter beam of light.
The flashlight is made from 100% aerospace grade aluminum and comes with a charger for the rechargeable batteries. This flashlight is available as a bundle with charger and a Smith and Wesson Pathmarker flashlight, which is a great deal for the price.
AA flashlights are great EDC flashlights that are compact and yet powerful. The flashlights covered in the list are some of the best flashlights that you can buy today. If you are looking for a compact flashlight, any of these flashlights will prove to be a great buy. Get one for yourself and brighten up your paths!!