We understand that finding the right rechargeable flashlight is tough.
You want a flashlight that is going to be worth your hard-earned money. Not only a good flashlight but also a high quality rechargeable flashlight with tons of features. Most people fail to choose the right flashlight that meets their needs.
If you don’t want to compromise with quality then you have to check a few important factors like brightness, operating modes, battery type, battery size, battery lifespan, flashlight body materials, waterproof rating, durability, functionality, etc.
Don’t waste your time & money selecting the wrong flashlight. Check our list and buy a top rated rechargeable flashlight with a strong warranty.
Flashlights are indispensable pieces of equipment that every one must carry. A good quality flashlight can provide illumination and security when you need it the most. I personally, carry one with me at all times.
There are many tactical flashlights out there in the market to choose from. You can choose one based on the brightness you want, the size, the price range or even the construction material. However, one of the most important criteria that often gets neglected, has to be the power source.
Our Favorite Top 5 Best Rechargeable Flashlights
|Flashlight Name||Lumens||Our Rating||Price Alert|
|Klarus XT11GT Tactical USB Rechargeable Flashlight||2000||100||$$$|
|FlashlightZ BEACON Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight||1000||98||$$|
|Klarus Improved XT11S Rechargeable LED Flashlight||1100||97||$$$|
|Streamlight Stinger Rechargeable Flashlight||350||90||$$$$|
|Mecarmy PT16 Best Small Rechargeable EDC Flashlight||1000||86||$$$|
Check out my Favorite Best Rechargeable Flashlight VIDEO Review
Commercially available flashlights can be generally categorized into the following categories based on the power source that drives it.
1. Non-Rechargeable Flashlights
These are either powered by disposable batteries that have to be replaced once they are dead or powered by rechargeable batteries that have to be removed from flashlight to be recharged. They can be simple alkaline batteries, disposable Lithium ion batteries, or rechargeable lithium ion batteries. A lot of the higher lumen flashlights will take the disposable CR123 battery, which can handle the power needs of a bright flashlight. The CR123 battery is typically used in other electronic devices such as cameras, night-vision goggles, etc.
2. Rechargeable Flashlights
These rechargeable flashlights can be further classified into the following two categories based on the ability to remove and replace the batteries or power cells.
a. Flashlights with removable batteries
The flashlights with removable, rechargeable batteries fall under this category. These flashlights use standard rechargeable battery cells such that can be charged using standard USB chargers. These batteries are fairly easy to replace and often not that expensive.
b. Flashlights with integrated battery packs
Some of the high quality flashlights have the batteries sealed in and integrated in the unit itself so that the user can’t access the battery to replace it.
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that rechargeable flashlights are the way to go! You don’t have to depend on buying and maintaining a set of batteries at all the times to make sure that you don’t loose power when you need light the most. Furthermore, with the rechargeable flashlights, you have the ability to charge them before you go out if you happen to travel, you don’t have to worry about the availability of the right size batteries. All you have to do is find a standard wall outlet or USB outlet and you are good to go!
The market is filled with hundreds of models of rechargeable flashlights manufactured by dozens of companies and the choice between them can get a bit overwhelming. To make a good choice, you need a guide that will put together all the most important criteria that you must consider. That way, you can compare the various models against each other to make an informed and an educated choice. That’s where we come in! We have compiled an exhaustive list of features that you, a buyer, can use to select the best rechargeable flashlight suited for your needs and budget. Also, we scoured the market and came up with the 10 best rechargeable flashlights suited for every need and budget.
Best Rechargeable Flashlight Buyers Guide 2017
A proper guidance goes a long way, especially if you are trying to decide between very similar products. As far as the rechargeable flashlights go, there are certain features that must be considered before you make your decision. Let’s take a look at them now!
1. Rechargeable Flashlight Battery Type
This is perhaps the most basic criterion. As we saw earlier, you can buy a flashlight with a replaceable & rechargeable battery or an integrated battery. Although both types have their own advantages, the choice really boils down to what are your personal preferences.
Flashlights with removable batteries can be good if you are looking for:
Cheap replacement batteries or you want to have multiple sets of the batteries ready so that you don’t have to wait for the flashlight to charge.
However, if you are someone who doesn’t care about having removable batteries, you can go for the integrated battery type flashlights. Their batteries are usually manufactured specifically for the particular flashlight and have many advantages:
- The integrated battery is specifically designed for the rechargeable tactical flashlight and hence can be more efficiently tuned to meet the needs of the particular circuitry of that flashlight.
- As the battery is integrated and can’t be moved, there are less parts to worry about.
- The design of the flashlight can be streamlined and compacted as the in-built battery does not have to comply with the standard shapes.
- AAA, AA, C, D, or Lithium Ion batteries. The type mostly depends on the size and power of the flashlight.
In the end, the choice really boils down to your preference, although the integrated systems edge out the replacement ones just a little bit!
2. Rechargeable Flashlight Charging Mechanism
Charging mechanism can also be an important factor in your choice of the perfect rechargeable flashlight. The charging mechanism refers to the way your flashlight can be recharged. These are some options available on the market:
Solar Charging: Some of the flashlights can be charged using the solar power and hence do not require electricity. These are ideal if you are going on a camping trip or hunting, where electrical outlets may not be available. Although these flashlights can be a bit more expensive and are certainly slow to charge. Also, not to mention, they are rendered virtually useless on a cloudy day!
USB Charging: These days almost all of us carry a cell phone charger wherever we go. These flashlights can be connected to any charging device that uses a USB port. They can even be connected to your laptop and you can charge them while using your laptop at the same time! The best USB rechargeable flashlight always gives the most flexibility.
Electric (Wall) Socket: The rechargeable flashlights that recharge using the standard 110v electric wall socket are universal in their appeal. It can easily attach to any available electrical outlet and within a matter of hours, you are good to go.
I personally like the USB Charging type since I can plug into any USB port and plug into a USB wall adapter. The choice really depends on the end use of your flashlight.
3. Rechargeable Flashlight Operational Life
One of the problems with rechargeable batteries is that they tend to loose the capacity to hold charge over time. A new battery can be packed in with a large amount of energy but as the battery gets old, it tends to pack in less charge. The decline in the capacity depends on how many charging-discharging cycles, a battery can take. This can range anywhere from 50-500 recharges depending on the battery and the amount that the battery is discharged between charges.
Another important aspect is the amount of power it can supply on a single charge. You don’t want a battery that is operational for only a couple of hours. Depending on your budget, you will want to get batteries with a higher mAh to handle longer runtimes.
More often than not, both the above criteria are interdependent. A good battery will have a long life and at the same time will put out more power as well. If you are using replaceable battery type rechargeable flashlights, remember to buy only high quality batteries and we recommend getting the same brand of battery as your flashlight. This will eliminate any compatibility issues. As for the integrated ones, they are tailor-made for the flashlight and are generally good in performance.
In review, keep an eye on the type and life of the battery while making a choice, try to get as high a mAh battery, and stay away from off-brand or unbranded lithium ion batteries.
4. Rechargeable Flashlight Size
Size is another important aspect to be covered when making the selection to buy a rechargeable flashlight. If you are looking for a flashlight that is small, compact and yet powerful, the power source it uses is an important factor to consider.
An integrated battery allows the best usage of the space and design. The flashlights that have an integrated battery are generally compact and the batteries are designed in such a way that they deliver the most efficient output for that design.
Again as is with many other factors, size is a very personal matter. Choose the one that fits your needs. Generally speaking, smaller flashlight = smaller battery, which results in less brightness or shorter run-times.
5. Other Options
Many of the rechargeable flashlights come with added options and accessories that can improve their appeal and usability. For example, some of the flashlights come with their own docking stations that double up as charging stations as well. The charging stations are plugged in the outlet and serve as a cradle for holding the flashlight and while it is placed in the neatly designed dock, it keeps charging as well! There is no need to plug it in the wall or anything.
This might be an enticing option if you tend to use the flashlight every single day and want to keep it charged fully between uses.
6. Rechargeable Flashlight Price
Last but certainly not least, is the price. Of course, you can find a light for any budget on the market rating from below $40 to over $300. The choice really depends on the Features and the Brand.
The expression, “You get what you pay for”, is not entirely true in the search for the best rechargeable LED flashlight. There are many rechargeable flashlights that are great quality but they don’t make a huge hole in your pocket. Alternatively, there are flashlights that are way too expensive for the features and quality they possess.
We will be looking at some of the best rechargeable flashlights that have achieved a balance between the dollar amount and the actual value. As a rule of thumb though, anything below $30 is probably going to have very limited features and lower quality components.
The price is important but not the only criteria that you should consider while buying a rechargeable flashlight.
Top 10 Best Rechargeable Flashlight Reviews
We have put together a Top 10 Best Rechargeable Flashlight List based on specifications, brand reputation, functionality, size, price, and the overall feel of the light. We have used & abused them to see how they hold up in actual use. Overall, quality and price has been priority in selecting the below flashlights.
1. Klarus XT11GT 2000 Lumen Rechargeable Tactical LED Flashlight
A great flashlight from the Klarus camp, the XT11GT is a very bright rechargeable tactical flashlight with multiple operation modes and a great design. This flashlight features a removable, rechargeable Li-batteries that can be charged with a standard charger provided with the flashlight. Some of the most important features of this flashlight are:
- Super-bright CREE XHP35 HD E4 LED with a maximum output of 2000 lumens.
- It is also called the best rechargeable spotlight or rechargeable searchlight because six operation modes to cover every need from a spotlight to a searchlight function.
- High efficiency booster circuit for extended output and long battery life.
- Rechargeable Li-battery is included in the package.
The Klarus XT11GT is one of the best budget friendly cheap rechargeable flashlight that is a must buy. Comparable flashlights sell for hundreds of dollars.
2. FlashlightZ BEACON 1000 Lumen Rechargeable LED Tactical Flashlight
The FlashlightZ BEACON is a great rechargeable flashlight for those on a budget! It has an easily accessible micro USB recharge port, adjustable focus head, and multiple mode settings for various brightness settings. It comes with everything you need right out of the box including a USB charge cord, lithium ion battery, USB adapters, and has a good pocket clip.
- The light pumps out a very powerful beam at 1000 lumens using CREE XM-L2 U2 LED technology.
- The integrated digital optic technology provides an extreme performance at a lower energy consumption.
- The flashlight come with an 18650 lithium ion battery and a USB charge cord for easy and fast charging.
3. Klarus XT11S 1100 Lumen Rechargeable LED Tactical Flashlight
Another amazing flashlight from the Klarus brand, the XT11S is a very bright rechargeable tactical flashlight with multiple operation modes and a truly innovative design. This flashlight features a removable, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery that can be charged with a standard charger or while inside the flashlight using a standard USB port. Some of the most important features of this flashlight are:
- Super-bright CREE XP-L HI V3 LED with a maximum output of 1100 lumens.
- Dual Tactical Tail Switch for super effective tactical use
- High efficiency internal circuitry for extended output and longer battery life.
- High drain Rechargeable Li-battery is included in the package.
The Klarus XT11S revolutionized the flashlight market by introducing an affordable high end flashlight with full features and advanced programmable user modes, which is rare in a flashlight well under $100.
4. Streamlight Stinger DS C4 LED Flashlight
Streamlight is very well known for building high end LED lights…usually at a premium price point! They have earned a great reputation as a reliable brand and many law enforcement officers swear by them. Here are some features of the Streamlight that we selected for our top 10 ranking:
- 6000 Series machined aircraft grade aluminum with non slip rubberized grip.
- 3 Watt Luxeon LED, shock resistant + 20000 hour lifetime
- Unbreakable polycarbonite tube with anti-scratch durable coating
- Larger size 8.9 inches long, perfect for holsters and car carry
You pay a premium with Streamlight flashlights…but they have a very strong reputation and are known for being very reliable. You can find other lights with similar features for about 20% less.
5. Mecarmy PT16 1000 Lumen Compact Rechargeable LED Flashlight
The Mecarmy PT16 is a very unique and small tactical flashlight. You won’t believe how bright this light is and it only uses a single 16340 battery! The PT16 has a 3 LED head with 3 individual reflectors, creating a very wide beam pattern that can light up an entire room. I personally carry this flashlight as an EDC light because of its small size and recharge ability.
- Super-bright 3X CREE XP G2 LEDs with a maximum output of 1000 lumens.
- Has a side switch design but this is preferrable since the light is so small
- Charge indicators and Waterproof up to IPX8 standards
- Comes with a 16340 battery and 5 year Mecarmy warranty
The Mecarmy PT16 is one of the most unique compact rechargeable flashlights that we have seen. It has a very unique 3 LED head that can seriously light up an entire room light daylight! The run time is going to be a little short since its powerful and runs only a single 16340 battery…but I have found it suitable for most situations.
6. Klarus G20 3000 Lumen Rechargeable LED Flashlight
The Klarus G20 is less of a tactical flashlight, and more a general outdoor light. It doesn’t have a strike bezel and it has a fairly large side switch button + tail switch. The G20 is great for applications that need a fairly wide beam pattern and also want some beam distance as well. This is a handheld flashlight that outputs 3000 lumens!
- Super-bright CREE XHP70 N4 LED with a maximum output of 3000 lumens.
- Great for illuminating very wide areas as moderate distances
- Uses a larger 26650 lithium ion battery for longer run times
- Built in charge indicator and power indicator
The Klarus G20 is not your typical rechargeable flashlight…it is relatively small for using a 26650 battery and outputting 3000 lumens. It has a really good feel in the hands and the side/tail switch combo is great for using in varying situations.
7. Nitecore MH10 1000 Lumen Rechargeable LED Flashlight
Nitecore is best known for their battery chargers…but they also make some great rechargeable tac lights! The Nitecore MH10 is a pretty basic LED flashlight with limited features and moderate brightness.
- Reliable CREE XM-L2 U2 LED with a maximum output of 1000 lumens.
- Integrated PDOT that has extreme reflector performance and enhanced candle power
- Waterproof rating up to IPX8 standards + impact resistant
- Comes with 18650 lithium ion battery + charging accessories
Overall, the Nitecore MH10 is a basic tactical light that is going to be able to withstand a lot of abuse but not provide a lot of bells and whistles. It is priced reasonably for the features, but you can definitely find some other lights that are better for the same price.
8. Klarus X12GT 1600 Lumen Rechargeable LED Flashlight
Klarus continue to release feature packed rechargeable lights at affordable prices! We have seen over 3 new lights released since 2016 that have the most features for the price point. The Klarus XT12GT is a great rechargeable flashlight if you are looking for a light that has a really long beam throw!
- Super-bright CREE XHP35 HI D4 LED with a maximum output of 1600 lumens.
- It is also called the best rechargeable spotlight for distance or rechargeable searchlight because of very far beam distance 603 meters
- Advanced internal protection against overcharging and overdischarge
- Rechargeable Lithium ion battery is included in the package.
The Klarus XT12GT is one of the best long throw rechargeable flashlights on the market for the price. The deep reflector allows for maximum light distance and is very impressive.
9. Nitecore MH20GT 1000 Lumen Compact LED Rechargeable Flashlight
The Nitecore MH20GT is known as one of the most powerful small tactical lights. This little EDC flashlight outshines most of its competitors in the smaller size range for brightness and runtimes. One of my favorite things about this light is the side switch button…it has a really good feel to it and it make a little “tick” when you click it, which is different than most other lights that I have used.
- Super-bright CREE XP-L HI V3 LED with a maximum output of 1000 lumens.
- One of my favorite smaller rechargeable LED flashlights
- 5 brightness modes and rechargeable via micro USB port
- Rechargeable Li-battery is included in the package.
10. Streamlight Strion HL 500 Lumen LED Rechargeable Flashlight
Coming in next is the very popular Strion from Streamlight. This flashlight is one of the brightest in its class and features a classic Streetlight design made from hand anodized high quality aluminum. It boasts some really amazing features:
- C4 LED technology with an impressive 50,000hours operation life.
- Lithium ion rechargeable integrated battery rechargeable for up to 1000 cycles and gets fully charged in as less as 3 hours.
- The superior optics produce an ideal mix of long beam and peripheral illumination
Special regulated sun time ensures even illumination at all battery levels.
The Strion is a great flashlight with an amazingly affordable price with a really powerful rechargeable battery that is out certainly one the best in its class.
If you are in the market for any flashlight, I would recommend getting a rechargeable flashlight. A rechargeable flashlight is just as powerful as a conventional flashlight and gives you the freedom of recharging it at your convenience.
We hope that this article helped you to learn some details in your search for the best rechargeable flashlight. If you use the information in this article,you can’t go wrong in buying a rechargeable led flashlight! Feel free to message or comment on this buying guide with any questions you may have.
Summary of Contents
- 0.1 Klarus XT11GT Rechargeable Flashlight Details on AMAZON.COM
- 0.2 1. Non-Rechargeable Flashlights
- 0.3 2. Rechargeable Flashlights
- 1 Best Rechargeable Flashlight Buyers Guide 2017
- 2 Top 10 Best Rechargeable Flashlight Reviews
- 3 1. Klarus XT11GT 2000 Lumen Rechargeable Tactical LED Flashlight
- 4 2. FlashlightZ BEACON 1000 Lumen Rechargeable LED Tactical Flashlight
- 5 4. Streamlight Stinger DS C4 LED Flashlight
- 6 5. Mecarmy PT16 1000 Lumen Compact Rechargeable LED Flashlight
- 7 6. Klarus G20 3000 Lumen Rechargeable LED Flashlight
- 8 7. Nitecore MH10 1000 Lumen Rechargeable LED Flashlight
- 9 8. Klarus X12GT 1600 Lumen Rechargeable LED Flashlight
- 10 9. Nitecore MH20GT 1000 Lumen Compact LED Rechargeable Flashlight