Summary of Contents
- 1 Why do a Klarus XT12GT Tactical Flashlight Review?
- 2 Specifications of 1600 Lumen Klarus XT12GT Tactical Flashlight:
Klarus is a newer flashlight manufacturer that is rapidly growing in popularity for making incredibly durable, long-lasting, and innovative LED flashlights. Some of their flashlights are rapidly becoming my favorites as well. Recently, Klarus has introduced new advanced tactical flashlights with programmable settings. The XT12GT is one of these advanced tactical flashlights that I’m excited to review on here today.
The Klarus XT12GT is a sturdy and well-built flashlight that feels comfortable in your hands. It features a dual-tactical tail switch which lets you operate the flashlight easily with one hand. It’s really nice knowing that there are only two switches to learn about rather than three switches like the XT11GT. However, I still strongly recommend reading the instruction manual with this flashlight because of all the unique features with it. So let’s take a look at some of these features!
Why do a Klarus XT12GT Tactical Flashlight Review?
If you’re looking for a high-quality tactical flashlight, the XT12GT fits the ticket perfectly. Klarus makes certain to pack their flashlights with a ton of features making their flashlights unique and versatile for any customer. The XT12GT is no different. If you’re into new technology, new features, and new flashlights, then you should check the XT12GT out!
Powerful Tactical Flashlight
1. Insanely Bright! Klarus really brings the power to the flashlights and the XT12GT is no different, delivering 1600 lumens. That’s super bright for a compact flashlight! The XT12GT is equipped with a CREE XHP35 HI D4 LED, a new class of high-intensity LEDs that delivers unbelievable power! Along with this power, the XT12GT has the longest beam throw I’ve ever seen in flashlights of this size. It can reach up to 603 meters! I’m seriously impressed.
Klarus 6 Mode Tactical Flashlight
2. Multiple Brightness Levels and Specialty modes. Let’s be honest, as cool as 1600 lumens is, you probably won’t be using that much power all the time. The XT12GT features four brightness levels and two specialty modes for emergencies: SOS and Strobe. Here are the brightness levels of this flashlight:
- Turbo (1600 lumens) -1.2 hour run time
- High (400 lumens) – 4 hour run time
- Medium (100 lumens) – 14 hour run time
- Low (10 lumens) – 200 hour run time
With these four options, you can use the XT12GT in a variety of settings from searching your house in a blackout to going on a camping trip.
Programmable Tactical Flashlight
3. Two Programmable Settings. Klarus seems to be producing more and more flashlights with these programmable settings and I love it. These settings allow you to program the light to whatever suits your needs at the time. The XT12GT features two settings: the Tactical Setting and the Outdoor Setting. In the Tactical Setting you can access the Turbo mode immediately by pressing the main switch and you can access the Strobe mode immediately by holding down the secondary switch. You can access the Strobe mode whether the flashlight is ON or OFF which is really great for emergency defense. When the flashlight is ON you can click the secondary switch to cycle through the different brightness modes.
In the Outdoor Setting you can access the Turbo brightness mode by pressing down the main switch and the Low brightness mode by pressing down the secondary switch. In this setting you can access the SOS specialty mode instead of the Strobe mode. Also, just like the Tactical Setting, you can cycle through the brightness levels using the secondary switch when the light is ON.
USB Rechargeable Klarus Flashlight
4. Magnetic Recharging. This is absolutely my favorite feature of the XT12GT. Located on the side of the flashlight is a magnetic charging port that charges the flashlight securely. You can place the magnetic charger close to the flashlight and it will self-locate to the charging port. One of the goodies included with the XT12GT is a Magnetic Charging Connector. With this handy little device, I can turn any micro USB cable into a magnetic charging cable! You just plug the cable into the Connector and then you’re good to go. The Connector is small enough that you can fit it easily on your keychain. For an added bonus, the Connector is equipped with a little light so you can use that to help you find something you dropped in the car or look for a keyhole in the dark.
Best USB Rechargeable Flashlight
4. Powerful Battery and USB Rechargeable. It’s hard to believe that this flashlight is also USB rechargeable, but there it is! So you can charge the XT11GT virtually anywhere you have a USB cord and an adapter. It also comes equipped with an unprotected 18650 battery with a 3100 mAh capacity. This is a powerful battery. Usually, you’ll see flashlights come with a 2300 mAh or 2600 mAh capacity.
Specifications of 1600 Lumen Klarus XT12GT Tactical Flashlight:
Ok so I covered a ton of great features of the XT12GT, but here are a few more that deserve mentioning.
Compact: I mentioned before that this flashlight is compact. It’s certainly not the most compact flashlight and I don’t think many people would use it as an everyday carry flashlight. However, this flashlight is a little over 6 inches in length and only weighs 5.6 ounces without the battery so it’s an easy flashlight to carry around in a bag or in a holster.
High Quality: This is a non-negotiable feature for any great flashlight for me. The XT12GT has an aircraft-grade aluminum body with a hard-anodizing finish and the lens is hardened with a special coating so it can withstand drops. If you’re willing to spend more money on a high-end flashlight then it needs to be durable and the XT12GT definitely is.
Battery Power Indicator: A battery power indicator is an extremely convenient feature to have on a flashlight. With the XT12GT, you can tell easily how much charge the battery has left and plan your flashlight usage accordingly.
Lots of Goodies: The XT12GT comes with so many accessories that it’s exciting just to open the box and see what all is in it! Like I mentioned before, it does come with that unique Magnetic Charging Connector. It also comes with an 18650 rechargeable battery with a 3600 mAh capacity, a USB charging cable, a holster, a lanyard, and a spare o-ring. So tons of goodies!
Pros: Just like the XT11GT, the XT12GT is a flashlight that is more complex and requires reading the manual. If you’re wanting a simple flashlight that you can learn the features by just playing around with the flashlight for a few minutes, then the XT12GT is not for you.
The Klarus XT12GT is certainly impressive and really packs a punch. It’s a versatile flashlight that can suit a variety of needs thanks to the multiple brightness levels and the programmable settings. It has a ton of features that make the XT12GT a really convenient flashlight for the user. This is a really innovative flashlight that I highly recommend!