When it comes to manufacturing high quality tactical lights, I always go with Streamlight. Over the past several years, they have built a brand value that is unparalleled in the field. I am always excited when they put out new products in the market and I am ready with yet another review of a fantastic Streamlight product.
The Steamlight 14032 Sidewinder is the latest offering form Streamlight. It is a light weight military tactical flashlight with a swivel head for easy maneuvering. The light is equipped with a blue, red white and IR source to cover a broad spectrum of applications.
Let us look in the details of the features and other aspects of this specimen of quality craftsmanship.
Versatility Sidewinder is perhaps one of the most advanced military grade tactical flashlights out there. The light is very versatile in its application. It is equipped with four LED emitters- white, red, blue and IR. The white emitter covers most of the general purpose applications of a regular flashlight in the dark. The blue LED emitter is handy if you are checking for blood smear patterns. The IR emitter can come handy as well as a beacon.
All the LEDs can be used on 4 output intensities: low (5%), medium (20%), medium high (50%) and high (100%). This feature makes this flashlight as versatile as one can imagine.
High end features of Streamlight 14032 Sidewinder military tactical flashlight:
The Sidewinder is packed full of awesome features which are very handy in the real world as well a combat settings.
1. Sturdy construction. The Sidewinder is constructed from a very high grade drop resistant nylon material. The flashlight can withstand a drop from as high as 30 meters without even a scratch. The lens is also made from unbreakable gasket sealed polycarbonate material with a scratch resistant coating.
2. Great functionality. An articulating 185 degree rotating angle in the head makes adjustments very easy and wide.The spring steel clip attachment for the belt or MOLLE can be mounted on wither sides of the light making it possible to wear it on the left or right side. Measuring just shy of 5 inches in height and 2.3 inches in width, it is very compact and can be attached to helmets or belts or bag packs with ease.
3. Quick and easy operation. When it comes to tactical military lights, you don’t want to waste time in changing between various modes as time is of the crucial essence. With a single button for switching the light on/off and changing between various modes, it is very easy to handle this bad boy.
4. Wide range of operating conditions. The light is also water-proof and meets the military standard MIL-STD-801F. The optimal range of operation is very wide extending from -40 to 150 F. Making it a truly broad application tactical light.
Specifications the Sidewinder Military Tactical Flashlight:
4 color LED technology: The high quality 4 color LED emitters of the Sidewinder are powerful and long lasting with about 50,000 hours of operational lifespan.
Articulating head: The articulating head mechanism can swivel in a wide angle range.
Light weight: The Sidewinder is extremely light weight weighing in at just 5 ounces.
Compact design: The nylon design makes the flashlight very strong and water resistant.
Ease of operation: With a strategically placed single button to control the on/off as well as mode functions makes the light extremely easy to use.
- Compact and light weight.
- Water-proof and scratch resistant
- Easy to mount on helmets and belt.
- Easy operation even with gloves on.
- Uses AA rechargeable batteries.
- Batteries not included.
- The clip is not very strong.
The Sidewinder is an amazing tactical military grade flashlight which I would endorse and recommend with no reservations. If you want a true performer, go for it and you will not regret even for a second!